One of our brides recently asked us what should she be asking a venue before booking their space, so we came up with a list of 30 must-asks that should take care of all your venue questions!
1. How many hours do I have for my wedding, including the set-up time?
2. What is the earliest my vendors can arrive?
3. What is the rental fee?
4. How much is the deposit and when is the remaining balance due?
5. Are there any vendors that I am required to use?
6. Is there a fee for bringing in vendors?
7. Can I bring in my own catering? If so, do you have an approved catering list?
8. Can I bring in my own alcohol? If not, how do you charge for the bar?
9. Do you provide tables, chairs, linens or up-lighting? If so, how many of each?
10. Does the rental rate include decorations that we can use?
11. Will you be hosting more than one wedding on my date?
12. For ceremony locations...may I have my rehearsal there?
13. Do you offer valet parking or parking attendants?
14. Do you have a place for the bride and groom to get ready?
15. Do you have air conditioning and heating?
16. What is the capacity?
17. Do you have security? If so, is this included in the cost of the rental?
18. Are any decorations included?
19. Do you have provide a wedding coordinator for the day to direct the ceremony?
20. Is this venue handicap accessible?
21. What is the contingency plan in case of bad weather?
22. What time must the reception be over?
23. Is there a noise ordinance requiring us to stop the band or DJ at a certain time?
24. Do you have a prep kitchen?
25. What is your policy for handling the trash?
26. Do you have signage that we may use to direct guests?
27. Are there on-site accommodations for us or the wedding party?
28. Where is the nearest hotel for our out of town guests?
29. What are the power capabilities to ensure sufficiency for a band/DJ/lighting?
30. Are there special rates for Friday/Sunday weddings?